Tom Givens, Jim Higginbotham & John Hearne
John Hearne will deliver a total of approximately six hours of cutting edge information on human performance under stressful conditions. This information will center on how to best train for application of physical skills under duress; the physiology and psychology of training and application of fighting skills; correcting myths and misinformation about performance under stress; and how to maximize our training resources so we can prevail in the field.
Tom Givens will conduct some limited classroom training building upon John’s material and providing a framework for the live fire portion of the training. This will be followed by a full day of handgun training on the outdoor range. Students will be challenged with increasingly difficult drills, designed to hone their pistol skills, while enhancing their ability to process information and control stress while operating the handgun at a high skill level. Students will need about 400 rounds of pistol ammunition.
Jim Higginbotham will conduct a full day of training on the carbine in its self defense application. Effective, efficient gun handling techniques will be stressed, along with accuracy at speed. Drills will include fast response at close range, and precision at mid-ranges, with firing from 5 to 50 yards. This course is centered around the AR platform, but students may use any magazine fed semi-auto carbine, such as the AK-47, Mini-14, M-1 Carbine, etc. Each student will need approximately 200 rounds of rifle ammunition.
June 15-17, 2016 Wednesday through Friday, 9am-6pm
Knob Creek Gun Range
690 Ritchey Lane
West Point, KY 40177
Tuition & Registration
$750 per student, for three full days of training. Sign up online or mail a check to Tom:
Chief Firearms Instructor
Rangemaster Firearms Training Services, LLC
1016 W Poplar, Suite 106
Collierville, TN 38017
Tom Givens completed a 25 year career in law enforcement and specialized security work before becoming a full-time trainer in 1996. He has conducted professional firearms training for over 40 years and has trained thousands of law enforcement, military and private citizens. He has written five published firearms training textbooks and well over 100 magazine articles in Combat Handguns, SWAT Magazine, Soldier of Fortune, American Handgunner and other publications. Givens has won several state and regional championships in IDPA and IPSC competition and served for two years on the IDPA BoD. He holds a Master rating in CDP, ESP, and SSP IDPA Divisions. Tom serves as an expert witness in both state and federal courts all over the US in matters pertaining to firearms and firearms training. Holds firearms instructor certifications from the NRA LEAD, the FBI, and several states.
Jim Higginbotham has been involved in firearms training for 40 years, including serving as an instructor at Gunsite and at his own facility, A.I.M. in Kentucky. Jim has been a sworn law enforcement officer for many years, serving as the firearms instructor for his agency. He also spent several years running the weaponcraft program for the Kentucky National Guard. An FBI certified firearms instructor, Higginbotham regularly trains several LE agencies and other personnel. He is an accomplished competitive shooter and a published author. Jim has also served as an expert witness in firearms related legal matters.
John Hearne is a federal law enforcement officer with over 15 years experience and a firearms and use of force instructor for his agency. He has trained extensively at most of the better firearms schools in the US, including Gunsite and Thunder Ranch, and with traveling trainers including Southnarc, John Farnam, Scott Reitz, Ken Hackathorn, and many others. John has been a staff instructor with Rangemaster for almost 15 years. Hearne holds an advanced degree in research, which he has put to use extensively researching training methodology and performance under stress.
- Best Western I-65 exit 117 Tel: 502-543-7097
- Country Inn Suites I-65 exit 117 Tel: 502-543-8400
- The Garden Inn & Extended Stay I-65 exit 117 Tel: 502-543-3011
- Super 8 Motel I-65 exit 117 Tel: 502-543-8870
- KOA CampgroundI-65 Exit 117 Tel: 502-543-2041
- Sleep Inn SuitesHwy. 44 Exit 117 Tel: 502-921-1001
- Baymount Inn & Suites I-65, Exit 121 Tel: 502-957-6900
- Econo Lodge I-65, Exit 121 Tel: 502-955-1501
- Comfort Inn & Pirates Bay Indoor Water ParkI-65, Exit 121 Tel: 502-955-5566
- Holiday Inn Express I-65, Exit 121 Tel: 502-955-4984
- Fairfield Inn I-65, Exit 121 Tel: 502-955-5533
- Hampton InnI-65, Exit 121 Tel: 502-957-5050
- Quality Inn & SuitesI-65, Exit 121 Tel: 502-955-6272
Radcliff (Ft. Knox area)
- Super 8 Motel 31-W Tel: 270-352-1888 Tel: 800-800-8000
- Gold Vault Inn 1225 N. Dixie Hwy Tel: 270-351-1141
- Econo Lodge261 N. Dixie Hwy Tel: 270-351-4488
- Holiday Inn Express 200 Endeavour Way Tel:270-352-4329
- Candlewood Suites 100 Endeavour Way Tel: 270-351-3333
- Hampton Inn 150 Jounson Road Tel: 270-351-5777
- Fort Knox Inn 1400 Dixie Blvd Tel: 270-351-3199
- Gateway Villa Motel 1402 Dixie Blvd Tel: 270-351-3449