The focus of this course will be surviving realistic life-threatening situations when armed with handguns meant for every day carry rather than competition, police or military missions. This course is intended for the average armed citizen who wishes to be better prepared to prevail in a lethal attack on his person while at the same time becoming less dangerous to innocent bystanders. Appropriate for those who hold a concealed carry permit, off-duty Law Enforcement or non-uniformed security personnel.
Program of Instruction to cover:
- Firearms Safety
- Dynamics of Lethal Encounters
- Survival Mindset
- Handgun Effectiveness
- Reflexive Weapon Handling
- Marksmanship for Self Defense
- Dynamic Marksmanship
- Legal Issues in Use of Lethal Force
- Low Light and No Light Shooting
- Threat Discrimination
- Experience Based Simulators:
- Outdoor Reactive Range
- Indoor Home Invasions
- Carjacking and other realistic, everyday scenarios.
- 3 Full Days of Instruction
- Expert Instructors
- Lodging – 2 Nights, all meals included
- Dinner with Instructors
Hosted at both Rockcastle Shooting Center and American Institute of Marksmanship
To sign up or for more information, please contact Rockcastle Shooting Center at (270) 749-4101.